Sunday, July 03, 2005

行為の實踐

James 1:19-27

This week's QT was delayed to Sunday afternoon due to Bonnie has to depart for Shenzhen on Saturday at 7:00am. Yet, we all committed.

Michelle: "I picked v19 quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. These days I'm easy to get angry for some small stuffs and roared "UUH...." From now onwards, I could remind myself: Why I'm angry? For what I'm angry with? By putting a little thoughts on those questions, I may cool down my anger."

Terence: "I have chosen v21 do not merely listen to the words, and to deceive yourselves. Do what it says. I would like to commit myself in continueing the QT."

Bonnie curiously asked, " what do you mean by continue, say for how long?"

Terence replied, "as long as it goes on." - shifted the responsibility to Bonnie.

Without putting any negative thought on Terence's response, Bonnie continued her sharing, "I like v27 to keep oneself from being pulluted by the world. The pure heart is light."

By taking the rest of the time, Bonnie suggested to set a goal for the upcoming Summer Holiday. Terence replied instantly, "I would like to complete my CD production. Though Kenji and Keein both will be away from HK in a different schedule, I strongly believe that we still can get it done because Keein has purchased a powerful MAC program. I have agreed with Victor that he can take most of the songs we composed for his band and I only take one for my band. I have another new song ready with me now. Well, I need to newly compose about 6 songs during the Summer Holiday."

"Are you going to spend some time on your sports because you need that for your body growth?" Bonnie asked.

"Mom, these days I lost my interest in Basketball. I don't feel enthusiastic when I played at the Braemar Hill Park yesterday."

"Don't you feel a balanced Summer Holiday benefits you all aroundedly?"

"I will put thoughts on this."

"How about your goal, Michelle?"

Michelle said, "Do my homework."

"I don't think that will occupy all your Summer Holiday, right. Yet, you need some fun time."

Terence added, "You better develope something as your hobby cum strength."

"Mom, I need more time to think of."

"Yes, take your time and make up a fun goal to enjoy."

In fact, after the Church, I have talked with Bal about schedule for our teens. Originally, I would like to take Terence and Michelle to join Hope's English Teaching Program at CheungKaKai. Benjamin did not agree due to his concern on our safety at the undeveloped place in China. Michelle felt disappointed as she was excited about being an English teacher for children in China. Terence did not show interest in this idea.

I told Bal that Terence has shown his resistance in joining the Teens Ministry. Bal encouraged me that there might be something I have to work on Terence and Myself. He expressed that Genesis did not express any of his thought about going to church. He rather conerns how to to help his kid to build friendship with church peers. Bal expressed that he likes to see Genesis can get along with Terence who is considered as easy going. He will try to arrange something for the teens during the Summer holiday. I'm happy that Bal always communicates with me about how we as christian parents can let our teens to building up closer friendship.

I bought Terence and Michelle some ice-cream when my way home. I and Terence had another quick touch on the conversation about teens ministry.

"Mom, one pre-teen also expressed to me that he has no interest for the teens ministry. Hey, don't talk to anyone about this. He said if his mon knows, she will kill him."

"Don't you think all these thoughts come out because you do not have a clear picture about what is the teens ministry and doubts creates fear?"

"Mom, I told him that you won't kill me, will you?"

No comments: