Terence asked me, "Why Jing Hung's Dad and Mom (BoBo) stop going to church?"
" I do not know about this. Where did you learn of it?"
"Peter told me when I visited his home yesterday. They are living in the same Police Quarter in Chai Wan. Peter said Jing Hung's Dad and Mom have some conflicts with church so they stop going to church. I thought they are very faithful christians and why ends up like this?"
"God always gives us free choice. Don't you remember Satun is always around us to tempt us. There could be many unforeseen traps through out our life even after we become a christian. By the way, how is your thought about going to teens."
Terence waved his head without any reply.
Bonnie continued, " Are you a christian now?"
"No."
"Right, you are not a christian now and there is always God's mercy to give you free choice to become a christian at your right time . Even I'm your mom, I am not in position to force you to become a christian only at my wish. It is your decision to love God and accept his grace on you. As a mom and a christian, I introduce to you what I feel most precious from God . By the way during the past 5 years in pre-teens, what do you enjoy the most?"
"Friendship."
"Who are your best friends?"
"Before was Steven. Now is Joshua and Peter."
"Anything more other than friendship?"
"A little bit of truth."
"Does it work in your life?"
"Yes. By the way, what is next after teens?"
"Campus."
"What is after Campus?"
"Single as an adult."
"Would it be OK even when I am an adult I still not a christian?"
"That is your choice."
Terence getting more open to talk on this subject and said, "After I go to teens, they will keep on asking me to study bible which I will feel most uncomfortable."
"Well, may be they will ask because they would like to know what you are thinking. You could honestly tell them where you are."
"True?" opened big his eyes.
"There'll be nobody force to study bible unless it is your own choice and decision. People around you are just try to help you."
"Well, then I will continue go to church."
"I think soon Uncle Lai will introduce to you what is teen's ministry and you could take the opportunity to ask him more about any of your queries."
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment