Saturday, July 30, 2005

由心至舌頭

James 3:1-12

We started today's QT by reviewing last week's conviction of "Put faith into action". Michelle said she has begun her Maths homework. She is happy that the first step in ACTION promotes her PERSERVERANCE which she has learnt in James Chapter one. Terence has completed one new song which makes a total of 3 out of his targetted 6 songs for this summer holiday. They both commented that put faith in action brings them a sense of success and fulfillment.

Michelle shared v3:6, " If the tongue is the evil part of the body, I don't want to use it to hurt people. Instead, I want to use it to say something could ENCOURAGE and APPRECIATE others. Moreover, to think before I speak could help a lot."

Terence likes v3:10, " Prasie and curse cannot come from the same tongue. If I have to choose, of course I will chose to praise."

"It's not necessary everybody will choose praise. That reflects you like to embrace praise."Bonnie added.

Bonnie found Terence is a silent boy and like to encourage him to say more praise out from his heart. After some discussion, we found Terence is lacking of FAITH in himself. His holding back attitude always leads him not to move forward. Bonnie tried to connect his successful confidence in playing guitar to use his tongue in praises.

"Terence, how many songs you have targetted to compose during the summer holiday?"

He put up a finger sign of "6"

"How do you like the progress?" Bonnie asked.

"My freinds are of out town so it seems difficult to complete."

"Well, when you set your target, do you have a feeling that you can complete them?"

"Yes, I do."

"Good, close your eyes. Retrieve that feeling and feel it again."

Terence was naughtily playing his eyes as an open eyed blind man. He was cute.

"How many songs you have completed up to today?"

"3" he continued closing his eyes.

"Great, at least you have completed 3 songs without your friends around you. Don't you think your faith to your goal motivates you by itself?"

We all agreed 3 songs have achieved 50% of the target. Well Done!

The above exercise was done to encourage Terence could expand his successful story in music to other aspects of his life.

We all enjoyed today's QT..........................

"Mom, I want to do something for your research, like producing power point for topics that you are working with." Terence held me from releasing the QT. "I want to work for you for some pocket money."

"Well, I remember you did a wonderful power point for me 2 years ago about "The possible mission". I have just finished co-authoring a book about ParentCoach. I still like to look deeper in to lives about being a woman, elderlies and teenagers. How about doing a power point for me about what do teenagers like to talk about, work on and why."

"How much you will pay for my work this time?" Terence felt most interest to know the amount.

"HK$50 for 15 slides"

"Can you give a bit more?"

"Negotiation begins, right?"

"OK, let's make it at HK$70."

"a deal"

"When will you finish?"

"This afternoon."

"Are you sure? so quick!"

Terence immediate went into his room and started the work. After 15 minutes, he called me again.

"Mom, I have finished the cover. Please come and see whether this is what you want?"

I went to his room and found he was using very interesting background for the power point slide. I like it and said, "Good start, keep it up."

On the other hand, Michelle was working very hard in drawing some cartoon girl faces. I gave her an assignment to draw 2 girl faces by distinguishing theirs emotions with their eyes; one is smiling and the other is crying. She did well. I wonder how could she just using few different lines and shades to get it done.

No comments: