Jame 1: 9-19
"Mom, QT this morning." while I was still in bed at 7:30am, Terence came in to my room and waked me up. Woow! what a surprise but encouraging wake up call, in particular it's from the mouth of Terence. After half an hour of morning self-caring, we began QT at the living room. Today the sky is the brightest after a week of stormy rain. I did not require reading glass to read the Bible words.
We began with a short recap on last week's learning and how well we've practiced them in our daily life. Terence said he began to pray everyday before bed. When I asked him what did he pray for, he said for a better sleep. I, then, reminded him that he has made decision to pray for wisdom. It sounded that he has forgot the theme. Michelle has nothing to share.
Terence began the sharing with v9-10.
"For v9 -The brother in humble circusmstances ought to take pride in his high position. I want to tell you how I'm practicing and experiencing this verse. When I walked in to Trever's band room, I did not boost how good is my band. Though they are comparatively weak in average, I would rather be hunber and tell them what makes my band being good in some areas. This works."
"How do you look at v10 about the rich?" I asked.
"Money creates competition. From there, boosting will take place to create conflicts."
Michelle shared v12-15.
"Before reading this verse, I though temptation comes from outside. However v14 tells me that "......each one is tempted when, by his own desire.". Now I came to understand it is because of myself."
"What tempt you the most?"
"Object."
"How would you like to do about this temptation issue?"
"Don't spend money on Objects!" Terence suggested.
"Well, I think I have to control myself, my desire." Michelle said quite determinely.
Bonnie shared v12.
"I have recognized that in order to be blessed, I have to be strong enough to accept trials - To stand the test instead of being fear and escape."
Michelle said, "I like the phase of TO STAND THE TEST."
"Well, how shall we commite ourself in these learnings?"
Terence: to keep on praying everyday for God's wisdom.
Michelle: to be able to stand the test.
Bonnie: to love God 1 step more.
The time control for aorund 15 mins was good and they still could concentrate and response clearly.
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment