When our way home after my mother's birthday dinner at Kowloon Bay, Terence asked me to go with him to Welcome for buying the body spray so we separated from Ben and Michelle. He got a big size Gillett Body Spray for HK$40.50.
We took MTR home as usual and on the way he talked a lot to me.
"Mom, I don't want to go to teens!!!!!!" Terence said with a reluctant tone. "Usually they have the BT on Saturday afternoon and then I could no more able to play music with my friends on Saturday."
"Is it possible for you to arrange the band practice prior to the BT?" I asked.
"Anyway, I don't want to go to teens! Saturday is my play time................"
"Well, do you want to stay at pre-teens until Michael and Brain all go to teens?"
"Yes, because I don't want to go to the Saturday stuff and get baptism. Stephan once asked me am I still going to church? They want you to get baptism."
I explained to Terence that, "It's not neccessary for you to get baptism unless that is what you want."
"I just dont know but that is my true feeling that I dont want to go to church. These days I go to church is simply because I can meet with my friends; Peter and Joushua."
"Terence, thank you for telling me your true feeling. Does it mean that you are getting less close to God?"
"Mom. it's my true feeling. I don't want to do bad things and I don't feel close to Satun."
"Then, do you really want to stop going to church in the near future?"
"That'll make people feel upset. I dont want to make them feel like that."
"Is it possible for you to discuss with them about how you feel and what you want to do about the Saturday BT schedule?"
"Mom, if I dont go every week that will border the others. I dont feel right doing that."
"Well, take more time to feel what you feel. We can talk more on this subject."
I have been seeing other pre-teens dropped off in the past few years, including Man Ho, Leo, Man Man, Kei Kei, Kar Hei. Now is my son telling me that he does not want to go to church. How I felt? No surpirse because he told me several times that he does not want to go to teens because of the Sat BT. But it's a fact that I heard from him about not wanting to go to church.
Shall I try to persuade him to stay or shall I let him make his decision and be responsible for the consequence too. I cannot stop anything to happen. At least I feel grateful that he is still honest to me and himself. I see God is testing him for his maturity to become a real young adult.
to be con't........
理清給與力量和決定
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment