James 1: 1-8
Terence: "If we have wisdom, there will be no doubt. And easier to succeed."
Bonnie: " Where comes the wisdom?"
Terence: "From God."
Bonnie: "What is your decision to get yourself be connected with that wisdom?"
Terence did not answer but holding up his hands in a gesture of prayer.
Bonnie: " How often do you pray in a day."
Terence respond by putting his thumb and first finger together to make a circle.
Bonnie: " What is your decision now?"
Terence: "I'll pray for the wisdom once a day before I go to bed." That sounds a good start for Terence.
Michelle: " I would like to share v4 (Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.). I have to learn completing its work."
Bonnie:" What's the benefit of completing the work?"
Michelle: "Most of the work we are doing are difficult and people tend to give up. I dont want to give up but must complete it."
Bonnie: "Well, your bold commitment sounds very powerful. Can you tell me more."
Michelle: " By going through the difficulties in the process of a work, I can learn a lot and which makes me mature. So that when same difficulty comes to me next time, I can handle it."
Bonnie: "It's my turn to share. I have picked v3 (because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.). Here teaches me that perseverance comes from faith in God. Am I believe God has such power to overcome the difficuties I'm facing? Am I believe God is looking after me? I know if I dont have faith in God, I will start to worry as v6 (he who doubts is like a wave of sea, blown and tossed by the wond.) It is good that it's a test, by which can remind me where I am.
Bonnie: " Well, what is the key word in these scriptures that we can use for the upcoming week for our spiritual growth?"
Terence: " Wisdom and Prayer."
Michelle : " Perseverance."
Bonnie: " Faith."
Ben was sitting in the living and I assumed he listened what we said and saw what we did.
Bonnie: " Did I overrun?"
Terence: " OK"
Michelle: " I found it's easy to have QT like this. It's simple and easy to understand. What we are doing on every Sunday is a bit too difficult to me and I could not understand."
Bonnie: " Well, that's where you can practice your perseverance."
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment