Friday, March 30, 2007

What is Humility?

While on the way to church on 25 Mar 2007, Terence asked me , "Mom, I feel humility is just like telling lies."

"Why you feel like that?" bonnie asked.

"When people try to be a humble person, usually they say "No" when being complimented or they try to hold back their feelings and expressions. Those are not real."

"Do you want to hear how I look at Humility?"

I am glad that Terence took off his earphone of the MP3 and gave me his ears.

"People understand the real humility when they aware the Greatness of God and the smallness of themselves. It's not a matter of behavior but rather a value to orient in an individual's life." I continued, "You could be very successful in an achievement but a person who has humility awares that he/she is only part of the WHOLENESS. A word of "No, don't mention it." is a lie or not?"

Terence sprinked his eyes to close the conversation. I did not ask further for I would like to give him room to continue his thoughts.

No comments: